Digital Photography Blog

My blog for my Digital Photography class in high school, i'm not gonna post new stuff here, if you want to see new stuff it'd be on my Blog of Evil or the Council of Evil blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Title: Moonrise
Artist: Edward Steichen
Taken in: 1904
Facts about artist:  Born in Luxembourg March 27, 1879 and died in March 25, 1973.  Edward was a painter and a photographer and was apprenticed at age 15,  directed photography in World War 1 and World War 2.

Critique:
The Picture displays a small pond surrounded by trees with the moon rising between them.  As the Moon rises it shines the shape of the trees not only on the outside but in the reflection of the pond.
The piece is symmetrical and the time of day was good.  The shades of blue and black flow well together, making a calm cool feeling.  The picture is thick blurry and has good balance,  it also has an eerie and mysterious feeling to it too.
I think the picture represents the view of three different worlds.  Our world being the trees and the ground, the moon and sky being the world beyond, and the reflection in the pond being a world opposite to ours.  
I thought this piece was really nice.  I like all the dark colors and the blurry look.  I also enjoyed the mysterious and cool feel it gives me.  The moon is also a good addition to the forest and pond, without the moon I think the picture wouldn't be as nice.  The only thing I would probably  change would be to have the moon more higher up and maybe have a person or object sitting by the pond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home